Saturday 18 February 2006

Twisted Toast

Though I wake up early during weekends, I have always been cooking lunch quite late as I had to spend most of my time with my little daughter. So, breakfast is a must for during weekends. Was exploring my pantry and found a loaf of sandwich bread. When I saw it, the very 1st thing that struck me was TOAST. I love toast. French toast especially.

Iniatially, I was just preparing the ingredients for a normal french toast. When I touched the bottle of vanilla essence, my eyes went to the bottle next to it. Almond essence. Then, my brain started spinning and came up with a new idea. Why not I make almond toast for a change? Here I go................

Almond Toast



What do we need:

10 slices of bread
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 drop almond essence
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup ground almond (almond meal)

How do we do it:

Mix together the eggs, milk, brown sugar and the essences. Beat lightly until the sugar disssolve.

On a medium heat, lightly butter a frying pan. Dip a slice a bread into the egg mixture until the bread is fully covered with the mixture. Transfer the bread slice onto the pan.

Place a teaspoonful of the almonds onto the bread and spread it to cover one side of the whole slice. Flip it over after a minute or two and remove after a minute.




Almond toast is best served with a drizzle of honey. Almonds could be substituted to hazelnuts. Just omit the almond essence. Serve hazelnut toast with a drizzle of chocolate sauce.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...