Sunday 5 March 2006

Weekend Baking Session # 2

Some 3 months ago there was this craze called The CCC Craze around the food forums in SE Asia. I did not wanted to join it though as it is my nature that I always do something that others are not or no more doing it. Well, since the CCC craze has now subsided, it's time that I bake it.

This recipe was posted by Kirsten in Jo's Deli & Bakery Message Board. For the 2nd week of WBS, Chocolate Cheese Layered Cake is the chosen one.

Chocolate Cheese Layered Cake

What do we need:



A
250g cream cheese
60g castor sugar
1 egg


B
180g butter
150g sugar
3 eggs
3 tbsp cocoa
120g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder

How do we do it:

Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well incorporated. Set mixture aside.

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, one at a time until well incorporated into mixture. Sieve all the dried ingredients together. Fold into egg mixture.

To assemble, pour half of mixture ‘B’, then all of mixture ‘A’, then remaining mixture ‘B’. Bake in a preheated oven at 180° C for 45-50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

Once cool, chill in refrigerator.



Well, I did not expect it to look like this. Shapewise, I guess, I did not really do good job. It is not supposed to be wavy. There should be three parallel equal sized layers. I will have to bake this cake again and do it correctly the next time.

Tastewise, I think I have done it right as I like it very much.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great... I think this is a good combination! Will have to try it out !!

Anonymous said...

I can't seem to see any of the pics u posted. I wonder y? Is it my pc?

Kitchenmate said...

Pushpa:
Cake looks delicious. Good pics and looking forward to your weekend baking:)
-Karthi

Anonymous said...

Hi Puspha, this CCC is my all time favourite now. I see your CCC layer is well done. Nice marble effect. After try n error what I do now is, pour 3/4 of the chocolate layer first level it with a spatula, then pour the cream cheese, slow spread the balance of the chocolate mixture with a spatula and level it. Bake at 180 c for 10 mins, reduce to 160 c and bake futher for 50 to 60 mins. This way it'll not cause the cream cheese to sink to the bottom of the cake.

Unknown said...

Anjali: Thanx. Do let me know how like it.

Angelic: Well, I guess it's just ur pc. Try adjusting ur firewall.

Karthi: Thanx a lot for ur encouragement.

Amelia: I'll try ur method the next time. Thank u soooo much. *muak*

FooDcrazEE said...

hmm.....looks great...i'm a noob inbaking

Aspiring Annapoorna said...

I've been lookign for an interesting cake to bake. This is very interesting...will try it soon.

Unknown said...

Mike: Thanx


santhi: Do let me know of the outcome and thank u very much for the encouragement.

aspiring annapoorna: Please tell me how u like the cake.

Menu Today said...

I tried cake recipe, it came out well. Please post some biscuit items too....

Unknown said...

Menu today: Very glad to hear that. Will definately post biscuit recipes.

Fonia said...

Hmmm... Looks great and I like the combination! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

U r most welcome Fonia :)

Anonymous said...

I did this cake last sat...Had a hard time removing it from the baking pan. Need to buy a springform pan soon. Tastewise..yummw! Everyone loved it..I had little cocoa powder left so I added Milo & reduced the sugar..Still very delicious!

Unknown said...

Komala: I'm very glad that u liked it.

cherry said...

It looks so yummy! I will try and bake this cake tonight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...