Thursday 20 December 2007

The Green Condiment

This is my favourite condiment. It is a must to go along with chinese food. Therefore, every chinese restaurant would have them served in the centre of each table.

Green Chilli Pickle

What do we need:

15 green chillies
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt

How do we do it:

Wash and drain chillies well. Thinly slice the chillies. Place the sliced chillies in a jar.

Mix vinegar, water, salt and sugar, until sugar dissolves. Pour mixture into the jar onto the chillies.

The chillies will be ready the next day. It could be refrigerated for months.




18 comments:

FH said...

I love those on Pizza!!

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it! Thank you!

Namratha said...

Looks mouthwatering! Are those pickled jalapenos?

Cynthia said...

Um hmm, this would go well with a lot of things.

KALVA said...

wow... my mouth is watering looking at those pickles...

Raks said...

When ever i eat Subway burger, I wanted to try these chilli pickle at home! Love this :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Love it with my hokkein mee and wan tan hor!

Anonymous said...

Please Pushpa can you tell me how I can contact you....my email is musequeen@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

What's the different between this one and the authentic one ?
i surpose the authentic one has more vinegar ???


KC

Florence said...

Dear Pusiva,
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and family!

Daily Meals said...

I love these crunchy and sour chillies with chinese vegetarian noodles. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I want to give it a try. Can I use lime juice to replace the vinegar?

Linda said...

They look beautiful, Pushpa! Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi Puspha
Visiting your blog for the first time. Am impressed by its content and will surely come back.

bola2api said...

pushpa,

do u have any recipes for the biscuit called Gingerbread boy? can you share it with us if u do have it please. thanks :)

Laavanya said...

That last pictures looks great Pushpa.

Unknown said...

Thank u very much, everyone.

Padhu Sankar said...

I love it very much.Looks so tempting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...